Accidents such as fire and water leakage could happen within the storage area. That’s why at StorHub we offer specially designed self storage insurance to protect storage contents against losses.
Insurance for your storage contents is brought to you by StorHub and placed by Reason Global Insurance Limited as a broker for StorHub. The insurer of the Master Policy is Amica for AXA Versicherung AG & Others.
1. Is the insurance compulsory?
Yes, there is a small premium for a minimum coverage of HK$10,000. Higher coverage is also available at affordable monthly premiums.
2. What does the insurance cover?
Fire, lightning, and/or extraneous perils (which include water damage, theft resulting from forcible entry and other perils listed in the storage insurance application form*).
3. Is the compulsory insurance for each customer or each unit rented?
It is applicable for each storage unit that you are renting. E.g. If you are renting two units, you will be required to purchase two compulsory insurance policies. In other words, two storage insurance application forms will be required.
4. Is it compulsory for me to sign on the storage insurance application form?
Yes, you must sign on the insurance form. The insurance coverage will not take effect without a signed storage insurance application form.
5. Will there be another separate policy document sent out to me?
No, the storage insurance application form serves as confirmation of insurance taken up.
6. What is the excess for this insurance policy?
HK$ 2,000. This means the first HK$ 2,000 of each and every claim will not be claimable.
7. Who do I call if I have any further queries?
Please contact Reason Global Insurance Limited on telephone no. +44(0)1273 739961, which is the authorized insurer to provide advice on general insurance products.
* Complete details on the terms, conditions and exclusion are listed in the storage insurance application form.